CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend in Birmingham

I was able to spend the weekend in Birmingham with one of my best friends, Mandy, and her family. We had such a great time! We didn’t really do much, just hung out. Had some late-night girl talk. Coy & Mandy have the sweetest little six-month-old boy, Cale. He is precious. And he loves me lots. Just look at that smile. :) He picked this weekend to start doing several things – crawling (kind of – it’s more of a leap frog motion), pulling up, sitting in a high chair, giving high fives. It was so much fun! I think he was holding off until I could see him. :) The only thing that could have made the weekend better is if Matt, Denalyn & Sam could have been there too.

I am so amazed at how close so many things are. Birmingham was a 2 ½ hour drive. That’s it! And it’s a different state. From Arlington, you can go 2 ½ hours in any direction and pretty much still be in Texas. So many places are like that – Atlanta is 4 hours, Lexington is 3 hours, Gatlinburg is 2 hours, Memphis is 4 hours. Makes me want to travel all the time!

5 comments:

Tom Sheives said...

Arica,

Thanks for sharing cute picture of Cale and you! Great photos of your place - awesome!

We miss you!

p.s. I know you miss the Cowboys particularly since we just beat Philly!

Robin said...

I'm still not used to how close things are! There are so many places I want to visit that are all within a days drive.

Sarah said...

Yay for your blog! Your house is so way cute! I'm glad you are doing well and enjoying this new time in your life. I can't wait to visit you!

love, Sarah Seefeldt

Kari Crowe said...

I LOVE THAT YOU HAVE A BLOG...now i feel i can still be apart of your life...except that I didn't make it to your blog list...who are you

Sabrina said...

love the look!! and i love your picture up in the corner too. you're gorgeous!